Summary: TheAngryindian speaks on the ethical issues surrounding international personal privacy and raises the contradictions in the current political debate concerning the history of COINTELPRO and the Church and Pike Committees which exposed widespread abuses within US intelligence. The second part of this dispatch contains a brief interview with The Stimulator (submedia.tv / @stimulator) about his experience and observations as an independent reporter during the violent, Elsipogtog Nation Crisis. He was present during a peaceful demonstration against fracking when the Royal Canadian Mounted Police RCMP encountered resistance from members of the Mi\’kmaq Warrior Society intent on protecting their Indigenous territorial, civil and basic human rights in New Brunswick, Occupied Canada.We apologise to The Stimulator and our listeners for the poor audio quality of this broadcast.
Listen /Download : 00:54:17 128Kbps mp3 — (35MB) Stereo
Mi’kmaq Warriors who were jailed after the brutal raid by RCMP at the #MikmaqBlockade near #Elsipogtog on Thurs Oct 17th, 2013 faced continued abuse within the prison system. 4 warriors remain in jail, 2 have been granted bail. Upon detention, Mi’kmaq Warriors endured physical assault on behalf of Correctional staff. Call the Ombudsman, file a complaint and demand:
- Access to the phone, including to legal representation
- Access to blankets, bedding
- Access to basic hygienic needs, such as toilet paper , toothpaste, toothbrushes, showers
- Adequate food provisions
- End use of solitary confinement
The remaining Warriors behind bars are: Aaron Francis, James Pictou, Coady Stevens and Germain Breault. File a complaint with the Provincial Ombudsman and demand justice for the those Warriors behind bars as all of the above demands had been denied to and experienced by the Warriors who were just released.
Tell the Ombudsman that Land Defenders must be treated with respect and basic human dignity.
Office of the Ombudsman of New Brunswick:
Write: P. O. Box 6000
548 York Street
- Fourth World Radyo: Not So Nice Occupied Canada – Genocide Incorporated (aboriginalradio.wordpress.com)
- Palestinian Youth & Student Solidarity with Mi’kmaq Blockade (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)
- #Elsipogtog In Solidarity with Mi’kmaq Nations (aboriginalwriter.wordpress.com)
- Mi’kmaq Warrior risks losing leg after being shot by RCMP rubber bullet (bsnorrell.blogspot.com)
- Aboriginal Press News Service APNS – Aboriginal News Group Statement on the Mi’kmaq / Elsipogtog Crisis (aboriginalradio.wordpress.com)
- Canada: Police in riot gear tear-gas and shoot Mi’kmaq protesting gas exploration in New Brunswick (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Statement on Provocateurs, Informants, and the conflict in New Brunswick (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)
- With #OpFrackOff, Anonymous lends support to Canadian protestors (dailydot.com)
- Fracking the Mi’kmaq: Guess who owns Southwestern Energy (bsnorrell.blogspot.com)